Alaskan Villagers Prepare for Trip of A Lifetime

A school teacher in the Alaskan Bush encourages her k-12 students to dream BIG; planning a field trip to the lower 48. A film crew from Santa Barbara, California will document the historic journey. Please visit this site for frequent updates on their progress.

A Dream Come True

Club 33 was such a treat

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gusty Michael School Prepares For Graduation

Today was the last school day before graduation. We have been shooting two cameras all day and are getting some GREAT footage. We interviewd 8 of the 12 kids and filmed them doing their schoolwork, beading, lunch, basketball, etc. Today for the first time I was asked if I wanted to interview a villager. I hope to do that on Sunday. Tomorrow is graduation.

Thanks for following.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting day this must have been for everyone! We are so glad you are there to take the pictures. We are eager to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael for affirming this village by saying "you're worth my time, my talent...you're story is interesting and worthy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. …For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it.
    —Habakkuk 1:5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Michael. I'm really proud of my sister. If anyone could have pulled this off, it is Debi. She really cares about those kids! Have a wonderful trip. We'll be going with you on the blog!

    ReplyDelete